FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2014, 04:40 AM

Default Why did I get diabetes??

I always think about why me? Why did I have to get diabetes? But looking at it now. That God knew I was stronger than anyone in my family. And that I would be the one to make a difference with this.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraferg View Post
I always think about why me? Why did I have to get diabetes?
There is nothing that you or anyone else did wrong, it is just in our DNA. Sometimes it just helps to vent. You can vent here and we all understand.

Quote:
But looking at it now. That God knew I was stronger than anyone in my family. And that I would be the one to make a difference with this.
Stay strong in your faith and always remember that it could have been a lot worse. Diabetes is an inconvenience, stay on top of your testing and good luck with your control and management.

Danny
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM

Always try to stay positive. Diabetics have the best diet & God doesn't give you anything you can't handle so you best believe that you're strong!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM

It's because your pancreas doesn't make insulin
Old 12-25-2014, 11:19 PM

The time that i realize that i was diabetics my doctor said, you are blest because now you will take care of your feeding, as no one else will, so you will be much healthier than others. So since that time I thought that he was right, and I accepted the disease, that helps me a lot!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 12:53 PM

Staying positive is correct; back in 2014, me, my wife and our friends went down to Key West, Florida for a weeks vacation. In talking with my doctor, he said to "watch" what I ate, knowing that I REALLY wasn't going to eat very healthy for that week, he said to go for a 20 minute walk after eating a "bad" meal. This will help to burn off the extra carbs.

You can't be a hostage to healthy living, we all fall off the cart every now and then. All in all, I eat pretty healthy. Type 2D, my waking blood is now around 103 and my a1c is around 6.1%, been 2D since 2013, I'm 51 yrs old.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I always think about why me? Why did I have to get diabetes? But looking at it now. That God knew I was stronger than anyone in my family. And that I would be the one to make a difference with this.
Even though dealing with T1 is a daily if not hourly challenge, there are worse things to deal with.