FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2014, 07:52 AM

Default How Diabetes Can Cause Hair Loss

Hormonal Changes Human body can be greatly affected due to the imbalances in hormones.

Poor Blood Circulation Because of the improper transmission of the blood across the body parts especially hair follicles, the essential nutrients fail to reach the hair follicles which is the main reason behind strengthening of hairs.

High Blood Sugar Levels Due to the high blood sugar levels the essential nutrients fail to reach the hair follicles leading to damage of the hair.

Medications and Other Treatments In order to cope up with the symptoms of diabetes one is recommended to have specific medicines concerned with diabetes which can eventually give rise to the hair loss.

Weak Immune System Weak immune systems can give rise to the problems of thyroid. Weakness in the thyroids eventually destroys the roots of hair leading to damage of hair or permanent hair loss.

Stress and Other Factors Mental factors linked with the cause of diabetes such as despair, strain may perhaps be the reason behind hair fall or hair loss.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:18 AM

That is scary, while I have a lot of hair, thick and lots of it, I do wish it were thinner. I don't want to loose it. All those times I said Oh I hate my Hair I wish I didn't have it, I take it back I don't want to loose it! Thick and frizzy and all
Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM

Yes diabetes may cause hair loss. My sister is suffering from poor blood circulation and she's taking nutritional supplement from California Naturna Health for this. They are actually proving beneficial to her health.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 AM

I heard about it too, though it's not too common.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to mingde

It is first time to hear this, I think i need to overcome the Pre-diabetes as soon as possible. It is too scared.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:45 AM

Default How Diabetes can Cause Hair Loss?

Hi, yes, I do have a friend who suffered from Alopecia (hair loss) and according to his doctor, it is due to the poor circulation to the scalp caused by his Diabetes.

Tags
diabetes, diabetes side effects, hair loss