Old 12-28-2015, 12:15 AM
Banned

Default Announcing data collection + 25$ eGift Card

Hello dear GB users,

You will qualify to participate in this research only if:

- You have Pre-Diabetes or Diabetes type 1 or Diabetes Type 2
- You own an iPhone or an Android phone
- You live in the US

My name is Majid Dadgar. I am fourth year Ph.D. student in Management Information Systems (MIS) at Washington State University. My doctoral research is about the role of information technology (IT) in the management of treatments and symptoms, and promoting healthy lifestyle for the patients with diabetes. Management of treatments and symptoms of chronic diseases is known as self-management. The information technologies that can be used in the self-management range from using text message or phone call reminders to glucose monitoring systems for the diabetic patients and mobile apps. My research focus is on supporting human values important to the patients in designing systems and technologies. The opinions of the patients with chronic diseases are critical to my work and will greatly inform my research.

Upon your interest to participate in this study I will contact you with the details and instructions. You will be provided with an iOS mobile app specifically designed for improving self-management of diabetes, that is Glucose Buddy. After using the mobile app for one week (If you have used the GB app before, we will skip this step), we will meet for an in-depth 1.5 hours long interview. If you live in the state of WA or close, we will meet in person. If not, the meeting will be conducted via Skype or a video connection that is convenient for you. We will audio record and transcribe the interview for the research purposes. No personal information will be used and we will de-identify all the collected information. Any data and information collected in this study will be used solely for research purposes. You will be compensated for your participation with $25 Amazon gift card.

If you are interested to participate in this study, please visit the following survey link:

Survey Link: http://bitly.com/diabetes_mobile_app

Should you have any question, you can reach me at majid.dadgar@wsu.edu

Thank you,
Maj

Tags
app, diabetes, mobile, research, self-management