FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 AM

Unhappy ugg

did anyone else spend the afternoon crying when they realized what the meal plans will be?
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM

Yes and after a few weeks I just figured out what worked for me. Stressing over tracking and counting food was getting to be too much. So now I just follow low carb and make sure to balance in some fruit, dairy and low glycemic grains/breads. It seems to be working for me. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:53 AM

I focus on basically a "SANE" diet which is high in veggies and nutrient dense protein and while food fats (fish avocado nuts etc) and some low-fructose fruits (berries and citrus mostly). Low to no starches and sweeteners (stevia is ok).

It made me feel much better after my first pregnancy (even though I didn't have a name for it other than low starch) and this second pregnancy I haven't gained a pound from my first visit but the baby and I are healthy as can be.

Look up carriebrown.com for some great recipes (even some baked goods that are no starch!) and hang in there! You can do this!

I also found that thinking of sugar and starches (which are just another form of sugar) as "poison" for the baby helped me a ton with motivation.