FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Electronic Health Record

I am reading an article about EHR and this got me thinking. Are you comfortable with doctors who uses electronic health record system? I was totally clueless about it until I read this Potential Liability Risks of EHR

"In a case in Oklahoma, critical information about a patient’s condition was available on the hospital computer but misfiled and not in the patient’s paper chart. Assuming he could rely on the paper chart, the physician neglected to check the computer data, resulting in a misdiagnosis that led to serious harm. The court ruled that the physician had a duty to look in both the paper chart and the EHR, effectively doubling the chart reviews that physicians must do."

Misdiagnosis can lead to so many bad things and worse the patient may even die because of this, right? Scary.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:14 AM

Once on an EHR, there shouldn't be a paper chart for anything but what needs signatures. That avoids the dual issue.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:00 AM

True. My doctor even uses it for denial management and he's never had any problems with it that I know of. I don't think i've ever even seen him use a pen and paper lol