FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2015, 04:12 AM

Default Hello Glucose Buddies

My name is Robin

I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in 1998 my A1 C when diagnosed was 8.3. Last time I was to the doctor my A-1 C was 7.2 and had to come off my Victoza due to cost deductible not met then out of work and couldn't afford the medicine any longer,which when Had lab on June 30 my a 1C jumped up to 8.5 No wonder why I felt so crappy first time in 15 years back past my dx a1c had been always averaged around 6.7. What did not help I had lost my meter so I had no idea where I was in my glucose reading.

I saw the doctor this week placed on new medication Glimeripide with my Metformin along with a new meter. Of course not happy coming off the Victoza because I had also gained weight which is not helping situation.

I'm keeping track of my meals and my sugars which I'm not happy about since they are still high. It explains a lot of how I have been feeling and not getting much done as I wanted. I know will take time today was my third day with new med.
I plan on sending my log to md after a week if it still remains in 200's
Thanks for listening
Old 07-11-2015, 05:23 PM

Hi Robin. I hope you are feeling better. I just started this journey myself and it feels like I am on a roller coaster. Anyways just wanted to let you know I am praying for you.
Take care! 😊
Old 07-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Robin, I know that you are an old hand at this, but please read through the first three threads in the Type 2 Section, when you get a chance, if you have not already done so. These threads will most-likely help you a lot. Self education is one of the keys to successful management of your diabetes, along with a healthy / sensible diet and exercise. Basically, diabetes requires a life-style change for the better. Good luck with your control and management.

Danny

Tags
introduction, new meds