FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Question New Type II comparing apps

Hey everyone, I'm a recently diagnosed Type II diabetic. I'm looking for a tool that I can use to document my glucose levels and carb count, and Glucose Buddy is one of the options. I like that it's free.

But I'm wondering, why do you all use Glucose Buddy or if you use other services, why do you use them? Have any of you tried the paid services? Are they worth it?

There's a ton of options and a lot to digest, so any advice and help would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Old 03-25-2015, 01:42 AM

I use the GB app because it has always allowed me to sync to a website, as long as I use an Apple device. I bought the pro version back when I was diagnosed, it seemed the best way to go with 2 way sync, the ability to make entries on the web site, etc. My ONLY ISSUE is I cant stand dragging around an iPod/iPhone with me all ther time to keep track of my tests and such when I use an Android device that suits me better, and can get NO ANSWER from GB's developers of when the Android version will sync, only that it will happen during an upcoming update. Outside that, all the other apps I had tried just didnt do what I wanted or had TOO much of what I didnt want.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:45 PM

The only other app that I use is the glucose tracking in the HealthKit on my iPhone.

I haven't really found a use for it yet, except as a redundant space to log my numbers. Until GlucoseBuddy supports HealthKit (hopefully soon), I'll just take a minute longer doing double-entry into my iPhone.

Tags
advice, app, help thread, new diabetics