FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 AM

Default GB Suggestions (for all)

First, I'm an Android User (Samsung Galaxsy S3) so my suggestions are based on what I see on my phone and may apply to all users:

Issue #1: When I look at the time stamp on the Logs screen, the timestamp is correct showing AM/PM correctly. When the log is exported and emailed as a CSV file, all of the time stamps from Midnight to 1PM are correct (showing AM/PM correctly), but from 1PM to Midnight - the timestamp all show as AM. I have to manually edit the time stamps from AM to PM before I can print the reprot for my doctor. Is this fixable?

Issue #2: When I travel into different time zones, the phone automatically pulls the time from the service provider, and GB pulls the time stamp from the phone. As I travel into different time zones, the timestamps on ALL RECORDS is adjusted to the new time zone. When my doctor looks at the timestamps and tries to figure out what I was doing (why am I taking my Levemir at 5AM?) - it becomes difficult tryint to calculate the local or host time when I'm travelling.

May I suggest the code be written so when the file is exported, the date + time stamp are followed with the time zone (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM UTC+/-##) and hopefully it fixes both Issues 1 + 2. This would allow the user to quickly see that they were travelling and could make it easier to explain issues that occur - spending 4 hours in a plane can cause physical/mental stress while the body recovers...

The app has several tabs across the top (BG, Meds, Food, Activity, A1C), but Weight and Blood Pressure are separate. Can Weight and BP be added as extra tabs across the top? This would allow the user to export ALL records as one file, instaed of several files and combining them into one for my doctor. Not a big deal, but would just be nice. Right now, it looks like there were several different programmers who wrote the code with a similar idea, but forgot to co-ordinate the structure for file data, etc.

There is no support for Android users to upload their data - If this cannot be fixed, then Issue's 1 and 2 need to be fixed so that users can still get the full benefits that the app has the potential for. If Issues 1/2 were fixed above, would I pay for this - YES!!! The only holdback is the time involved editing the timestamps.

thank you,
Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM

Apologies for my previous post -- I found the time zone setting and fixed my problem. Thanks!

Last edited by janharg; 11-04-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Tags
android, date, time, timestamp, upload