FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Default Not sure of insulin pump!

I have been type 1 diabetic for over 5 years now and using novalog injections along with lantus injections as well. My doctor suggested that the insulin pump may fine tune my bg levels, yet I'm just afraid of having something attached to me at all times.. My last A1C was 7.6 not great.. Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences/ suggestions? It would be of great help! I'm currently 22 female student about to graduate college so my life is pretty crazy right now.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM

The pump is awsome I've had mine since 2004 I love it. I have the minimed in pink but I'm thinking of trying out the omnipod next i got sick of it and needed a break from it but after a few months I really missed it and it was no problem getting back on it once you have it you will be hooked it's so much better you will love it
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 PM

I thought the same thing because I used syringes and pens all my life since age 1. I hated the idea of the pump but it's actually not bad and I don't notice it(besides the lump in my pocket) lol
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Cool great

you should be they are great
Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 AM

Way back when I decided to jump to the pump I was using NPH and Regular insulin. Lantus wasnt even available yet.unpredictability of peaks and valleys was awful I was chasing low Bg's and consuming way too many carbs to cover my lows. The pump was a miracle solution . My first pump was a mini med 508 totally manual calculations for carb boluses . Now my Revel is so effortless It does all the calculations . Life is So much better it takes time to adjust for some but once you do you wonder why you waited so long
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 AM

I am a type 2 diabetic of 25 years. Been on the Medtronic Paradigm 722 for 6 years now. Life with the pump is so much better, A1C 5.9, no complications. A must have for absolute control. GET IT, Quick!!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:48 AM

The pump is easy to use I think. Basal is automatic. Need only Novolog, so cheaper to use (after paying for the pump). And, easy to remove when you prefer not to wear it.