FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Default GB Pro

Further to my post previously,I discovered that the two way sync works, on the GB pro version. but ...
I entered logs in my online account, just a few minutes ago. On my IPhone, GB pro recognized 1 item to be downloaded, and synced that.
So the sync worked, partly. It works in both directions on data entered after the initiation of GB pro. But it did not recognize that there were three weeks worth of data entered with GB free edition.
Is there some flag that needs ot be set in the glucosebuddy.com account?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

brangi22;

I think that your problem will be a simple fix. I understand that you used the GB Free version previously to upload data to the website. The two-way-sync is from the website to the GB Pro. If the data is on the web, then in the GB Pro App make sure that under "Settings" "2 Way Sync" the "ON (download & upload)" is checked and then under "Settings" "Account Info" press the "Sync All Logs" button/tab.

Danny
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM

Default GB Pro

Dano: Thanks. Sync All logs button got all the data in the Pro version.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Danny, I apologize for the attitude – I’m just sooo frustrated with the GB Free app…

You said/asked:

Therefore, here it appears that you must have entered these from the website” – No, as a result of GB Pro it syncs - after the purchase, I started to log data in GB Pro and it synced just fine.

If there is no data on the website, but the data is on the GB Free App, then we will have to get the GB Free App version working first.” – 100% correct, thank you: this will solve my problem…

Usually, when there are problems, such as this, it is a username or password problem. That is why I say; All usernames and passwords must be the same on all devices.” - The account info (username & pwd) on the iPhone for both the GB Free and Pro apps are the same; Just to test, I changed the pwd on the website: GB Pro would not sync until I’ve updated it’s pwd on the iPhone as well. But GB Free just refuse… when I tap the Quick Sync icon, “syncing…” is indicated but it remains like that perpetually (well at least for half an hour). I've checked my remaining data pre and post my attempt - no data is exchanged.

Did you receive an email from GB to activate your website account?” – Yes

Do you have data on the web? It appears not.” – Yes I have +-10 or so records (GB Pro syncs)

Do you have data on the GB Free App? It appears you have 150 records.” – Yes, +- 150. Could the number of records be the problem? GB Free display “99+” on the Quick Sync icon.

Have you ever been able to "sync" upload data to the website from the GB Free App? It appears not.” – No, I could never manage to upload anything.

Have you ever been able to "sync" upload data to the website from the GB Pro App? It appears not.” – Yes I have.

Other info:
  • The version numbers of GB Pro & Free correspond
  • GB Free’s “Email Log Entries” works fine
  • I use mmol/L and SI as units

I appreciate any help; really
-D

Last edited by dekker; 12-19-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekker View Post
Usually, when there are problems, such as this, it is a username or password problem. That is why I say; All usernames and passwords must be the same on all devices.” - The account info (username & pwd) on the iPhone for both the GB Free and Pro apps are the same; Just to test, I changed the pwd on the website: GB Pro would not sync until I’ve updated it’s pwd on the iPhone as well. But GB Free just refuse… when I tap the Quick Sync icon, “syncing…” is indicated but it remains like that perpetually (well at least for half an hour). I've checked my remaining data pre and post my attempt - no data is exchanged.

Have you ever been able to "sync" upload data to the website from the GB Free App? It appears not.” – No, I could never manage to upload anything.
We will have to get the GB Free to sync first. I still think that it is a password problem. Lets try this: Create a new note file on your iPhone. Type your user name and password in the note file, making sure that they are the same user name and password that you are using for the website and the GB Pro App. Now in the GB Free App, copy and past the user name and password in the Settings; Account Info; Account Info > Tab. This is the only way that I know of to insure that the password is input correctly.

Danny
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
Lets try this: Create a new note file on your iPhone. Type your user name and password in the note file, making sure that they are the same user name and password that you are using for the website and the GB Pro App. Now in the GB Free App, copy and past the user name and password in the Settings; Account Info; Account Info > Tab.
I've tried this, still no joy;

Seems like I have to type in 150 records...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sorry, I could not be more help. I am at a loss on this problem!

Danny
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

dekker;

I have been reading back through our previous conversations and there is one thing that we have not tried yet.

In the GB Free App go to "Settings"; make sure that the "2 Way Sync" is set to "OFF (Upload Only)" with a check mark; then under "Settings" "Account Info" press the "Sync All Logs" button/tab.

If that doesn't work then set the "2 Way Sync" to "ON (download & upload)" with a check mark; then under "Settings" "Account Info" press the "Sync All Logs" button/tab.

Good Luck!

Danny
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Default Syncing from iPhone

Go into your settings and make sure that you have the bottom that says "2 Way Sync - On (Download & Upload)" checked. Then go up to the top and press "Sync All Logs" and it will work - I just did it to mine and it was successful. I have GB Pro version.

Tags
two-way-sync