FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 AM

Smile Ironic

Does anyone else find it ironic that the graphs display in flash which can't be viewed on a iPhone or iPad browser?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ed;

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes it is an unexpected occurrence. However, I have never seen the need to check the graphs on the iphone. I know that I can not print them or save them for emailing purposes. Therefore, I must as this question: Why would you need to do this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Danny
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06 AM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the welcome!

iPhone browsing not so much but the iPad has become my at home web surfing platform and it's here that viewing the web site fails. Not a big deal as the numbers and range for the period selected show and I can alway view graphs on a flash enabled computer later.

Don't get me wrong - this is just a laugh at the irony of apple apps and flash. Any inconvenience is trivial compared to the great value the core app has. I don't know how a free app is funded but I hope the owners keep on with development. If they have to start charging, I'll be one of the first in line.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Ed;

Thanks for sharing the information. I don't know much about the iPad, but if that is your "go to" computer at home I can see the need for being able to view the website graphs. The web mods may be able to change this in the future, I hope so for your sake. If you get a chance, please post a review of the iPad in the technical section, as I would be interested to know your opinion on the device. I may be in the market for one, when my netbook goes south.

Danny

Last edited by dano; 05-03-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 AM

I have been using GB for only a little while on my iPhone and find it very useful. Just bought an iPad and am finding it to be a terrific device. While I have it set up to sync with the GB app that is on my iPhone, it does not sync the data. Anyone else having this issue or can suggest a work around? I do think that the app needs to be tweaked to run on the iPad because I believe that device is going to take off. Thank you.
Chuck
Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Jeff;

You are the man, as usual.

I would be interested in some type of format that would allow me a little more flexability in plotting, printing or inserting the graphs. I can only capture a screen shot to insert the graphs into a document, as it currently stands. This is only my $0.02 worth and other opinions may vary.

Danny
Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 PM

I have a iPad now and just put Glucose Buddy to it (I have been using GB for several months on my iPod Touch). It would be nice to directly view graphs and such on the iPad. In fact a version of GB written for the iPad would be a wonderful addition to the GB software (hint, hint).

Thanks,
Doug
Old 05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Doug;

Welcome to the Forum!

How does the GB App currently look on the iPad? I have not seen the App on the iPad, and I am just wondering how it views in its current configuration.

Danny
Old 05-27-2010, 03:00 AM

I found a work around for the graphs on an iPad. Print the graph to a PDF. It will display properly. Since the iPhone can display PDFs I assume it would work there too.

Danny,

The GB webpage looks the same on an iPad as it does on a Mac in safari. (sans flash) How the app displays I don't know as I only have it on the iPhone. I had it on my iPod as well but that created two sets of data that would only collate when viewed on the web site.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

I found that work around by accident. I installed CutePDF and made that my printer for my netbook. It prints everything, that I want printed, from the web in PDF for viewing later.

Thanks for the iPad info.

Danny

Tags
ipad