FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Old 02-12-2016, 01:11 PM

Iam using just natural proteins
Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace80 View Post
Hi. I've just recently found out I'm Type 1 diabetic. In the last 2 months I've lost 2 1/2 stone (35lbs) what's the best way to now build muscle? Can I use protein shakes or any other supplement being a diabetic?

Thanks D
Be careful when you work out strenuously it will tank your blood sugar. My blood sugar can be 150 all day long and when I strenuously work out it will be almost 60mg/dl, 45 min -1 hour later. I take all kinds of proteins and pre workout I have never had a problem. If I take the preworkout before I workout I wont take a shot for it at all and by BG will be fine after. Its called N.O. Xplode and I take 100% Whey protein, If you are scared to take anything you body only breaks down something like 20-30G of protein every 4 hours, so eat a steak and that will do everything a drink will do for you and its more natural. You don't really need any supplement if your diet is proper. You should get everything you need from the proper eating. You might have to eat 8 times a day but if you eat small portions then you will be fine. Protein, Starch, Vegetable[/COLOR]) Every meal at least 4-6 times daily. If you can eat that every 4 hours that's perfect. Eat carbs that's what keeps your body going without it you can work out all you want and nothing will happen, your body runs off carbs, however keep in mind you have diabetes and you have to watch your blood sugar. Run your blood sugar in the 150 range before you hit the gym hard. You will grow like a weed.