FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Default Hi

Hi,
I was diagnosed that I had Insulin resistance 16 years ago when I had an accident in which I fouled up my right foot pretty badly. For the past 3 weeks I have woken up to the fact that I need to live with it. Pretty late for a sharp architect, I know. Well in the past three weeks, I have been able to get my levels from 160+ fasting & 240+ PP to 95-105 fasting & 120-125 PP. I have started walking seriously everyday. I haven't changed a lot in what I eat. We being Indians in India Asia, Almost no data exists about the calorie value of what we normally eat. I am on 1 Jalra 50mg (Vildagliptin), 1 diamicron XR 60 in the morning & 1 Pioglit MF 7,5 after dinner. With this regime, I stopped taking another Diamicron XR 60 before dinner everyday.
Just imagine my MD doctor asked me to visit whyinsulin about 8 months back because I was a gone case with near 200 fasting & 420+ PP.
Even though I have 9 doctors in my close family, ( 4 of them have dies since, including my dad who wasn't a diabetic ), this site has better information than any of them could give.

PS : I am 45 now, living happily with my wife, Have two lovely daughters aged 17 & 12
PS2 : Owning an android phone helps a lot. I have installed Cardio Trainer, an app available on the market. In the three weeks, it has logged my walks at 59 kms. I own a 13 month old Galaxy S & my music gets played whenever I have that walk. There could be other similar better apps out there, I would like to know too, if anyone finds one.
PS3 : These readings are with about 200-250 ml of whiskey before my dinner.

Last edited by dano; 09-19-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

Good luck with your control and management!

I edited your post for four letter words, try not to use them, there are children here.

Danny
Old 09-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Good luck with your control and management!

I edited your post for four letter words, try not to use them, there are children here.
I am sure I did not use any.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I beg to differ. See PM. No harm, no foul, it was caught.

Danny