FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Default side effects of metformin

I just recently went on metformin. My side effects were awful. I was taking a pill at breakfast and a pill at dinner. My sugar was great but since I had to start taking half a pill at breakfast and half a pill at dinner my sugar has been bout 20 points higher than usual. I can't deal with the nausea and up set stomach. I did for two months and I felt like I was in the bed more than my usual activities. Also another side effect that I'm still having is my emotions. I'm on an antidepressant but its not working anymore. I just feel like something's wrong but don't know what it is. Should I take two pills a day and just live with it or take half and have higher sugar ??? Has anyone else had emotional problems on metformin? Also my periods have changed.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 AM

Sorry to here about all your problems I understand these things can be distressing. None of these troubles you are experiencing is caused by the metformin. You should eat less or exersize more to balance your BS then the nausea and emotions will go away. Your cycle is hormonal did you forget. Exersize will put those in order,this should also wear you out too so you can sleep. That what you really need after experiencing a high or low BS your body needs to heal. Oh ya and stop dramatizing. I use 6 metformin a day. Wait till you've been diabetic for 20 years.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 AM

Everyone reacts differently to different meds. I was on Metformin for 8 months and had horrible side effects. My dad and brother are on Metformin and have NO side effects. Everyone is different. You have to tweak your meds to work for you. Talk to your doctor.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Ok I'm sorry I even wrote anything on here
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM

P.s you really need to read side effects. I'm sure it's changed since 20 years ago. Everywhere online proves your wrong plus my doctor says its side effects. Everyone is different ! I didn't mention exercise in my post so how would you know if I was or not. The questions weren't about that. Metformin is also given to women with pcos and it effects a woman's hormones so obviously you don't know much about drug.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 AM

I could not tolerate metformin. Throwing up. Constant nausea for 2 months. I had to get off of it and can not take it. Talk to your doc. You might need something else
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM

The best part about metformin is that metformin is completely free from side effects, thus proving to be highly safe and effective medicine foe type 2 diabetes patients. I don't prove your wrong here. It can be done with you I agree but I used metformin and I got very good result so I think mertformin is great
Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Default wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjones View Post
The best part about metformin is that metformin is completely free from side effects, thus proving to be highly safe and effective medicine foe type 2 diabetes patients. I don't prove your wrong here. It can be done with you I agree but I used metformin and I got very good result so I think mertformin is great
some people need to research things before they speak:
Utilizing the data gathered from clinical trials of Metformin, there have been statistics which show the different adverse effects that patients may feel when taking the drug. The most alarming of these would be that 52.3% of those who take the drug will experience diarrhea. 25.5% of patients may also suffer from vomiting and nausea. If left untreated, Metformin side effects can cause serious damage to a person’s health, especially to diabetics.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 AM

Some people is doesn't effect in that way... Be glad it doesn't do u that way! I've finally got adjusted but still have upset tummy every once in awhile. Just upsets me how some people can be rude on here thank u for giving me ur input and not being ugly about it!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:35 AM

I have experienced side effects with metformin... People react differently to things.... My side effects were nausea and dehydration... You are not alone!

Tags
metformin