FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Default Mood swings!

I am 34 years old and just went from pills to insulin injection to get pregnant. But the past 2 weeks I have such mood swings, I'm gonna get whip lash. Is that from the change in meds or just diabetes? Anyone else get really moody and what do you do to help it out?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:58 AM

I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. I am by no means trying to get pregnant but I have noticed some major mood swings- my mood seems to be changing with the wind. I noticed it's worse the higher my sugar gets and I just have to separate myself from others. I think the moods get worse because no one understands how absolutely awful the change in sugar can make you feel.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Jeni & Lorie: I feel the same way! I was just diagnosed with type 1 a couple of months ago and that was stab to my life. Before I was diagnosed I was trying to get pregnant, but after being diagnosed I was not ready. Well guess what? God sure surprised me when I just found out Im pregnant 3 days ago! Now I'm like shocked to the core.... when my endos and nurses congratulated me.... I didn't even have a response. My moods are confused. I'm excited , but scared. When you say no one knows how you truly feel, especially when your sugar spikes etc.... I agree no one knows. It bothers you even more when they don't try to understand especially when they are the ones whom you love. To add the oil into the fire they say "I would take your place for you if I could". That really caused the inferno in your heart to become aflame..yes I know. I truly know. The thing is... I do not wish anyone especially love ones to have this disease. It's unfortunate enough for us to have it, but fortunate that your husband and kids don't have it. You count that as a blessing, yet you know it was not when it broke down to you... but still it's a sacrifice you make.
You will never be at peace if you look at this obstacle as being something you can not conquer... Never. You don't have to live with diabetes... live around it. When I mean around it... I don't mean make it the center of your attention. You have diabetes and will have it for life... Accept it. After accepting it, beat the crap out if it! Winning in this case is far more tasty than a chocolate fountain. (yes I'm a chocolate lover and I haven't had chocolate since forever ... look at me I'm still alive & in one piece!) Imagine having to cook dinner for the family after a long day of work.... you cook non-diabetic dinner like noodles and etc (yes pure temptation). You finish cooking and call the family to come eat... but you walk away and get something to eat that is not as good as the dinner you cooked, yet it's good for you because you're a diabetic & you're "different". Accomplishment especially due to rejecting temptation... tasted way better than the dinner you just made that's my life.
Pray. Pray & Pray. If you're not a Christian ... meditate. It will keep your mind and heart at ease... which will help your blood sugar. Being stressed and angry will make your blood sugars spike ... So this would help.
Keep in mind that you're not the only ones out there, and that if you keep your heart open you might find someone like yourself... Who will talk to you, listen, and lend you a shoulder to lean/cry on. They might even have it worst... so get ready to share your shoulder I wish the best for the both of you! God bless and take care!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:19 PM

HI, I was diagnosed with diabetes type1 when she was 15now I'm 27 and no one know how hard it has been this process, first we have a to accept the condition, but which if we take care of it properly we can move forward. True, not many people understand us when our mood changes, people think we are crazy, but it is true there are times when we can not control ourselves.

With the food, I try not to punish myself, if I cook for my boyfriend I eat the same, but always try to prepare all low in salt and do things that I can eat too, he understand my condition & he accept me with this (we are a package).

Now my dream is to have a baby, but I'm going through a difficult situation in my family so I'm a little stress at the moment, my stepfather is also diabetic and started dialysis 2 years ago and now his leg will be amputated. I do not mean to scare anyone, but we must be careful and active. I recently got back to the gym, and is one of the best things I could do when I'm there I feel good my body feels better.