FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Gastroparesis, anyone?

Hi, my name is Marcia. I was diagnosed with type II in 2010. I recently learned that I have gastroparesis and my gastroenterologist and ophthalmologist tell me that nerve damage does not occur in someone so recently diagnosed, so they think I was diabetic well before they pulled the diagnosis trigger. I have learned to eat far less, more often, but I'm wondering if anyone has anything else to offer.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to dpawley

Per Dr. bernstein, here are some things you can do that helps the gastroparesis. Such as chewing sugar free gum before and after meals. Chewing your food very well with each bite and reduce or eliminate high fiber foods as they can form a plug. Drinking water before and during meals at least 2 8oz glasses, no caffine or alcohol. Stay away from spicy foods. There are some physical exercises for digestion that also help, one is just walking after a meal upto an hour or so. Some find relief taking papaya plus enzyme.

I would advise you reading chapter 22 of Dr. Bernstein's book Diabetes Solution.