FREE!Sign Up Log In Download

Join Glucose Buddy Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM

Default Export to Excel

Is there a way to export the logs from the GB website to Excel?

If not, this would be very handy.

Thank you,
Mysi
Old 01-25-2010, 09:39 PM

Default Export to Excel

I just want to add my vote to mhstar99's. I've been keeping Excel records since I was diagnosed 5 years ago. If possible I'd like to avoid entering everything twice. Thanks...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

There is a way to create an Excel file from the current GB information. First you have to "push" email the logs to yourself. Then you have to copy and paste this information into a text file. Next you have to open a new Excel file and import the text file into the Excel file. It works great, you will just have to play with it to know how it works. I will tell you that the key is using the delimited text, with commas, see the Excel Help by searching for import text file. I know that you have to jump through a few hoops to get what you want, I just wanted to let you both know that this is possilbe to do. Here is a Screen Shot of the final product. I hope that this information helps!

Danny

Last edited by dano; 02-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:17 PM

This only works if you mail them from your phone, I *really* need to be able to export to Excel from the web.

Apparently I use GB a bit differently than most - my son is a T1 and we both have the Touch. He (the school nurse) uses his to enter in his BG numbers during the school day and upload them to the web when he comes home, and we'll use either one during meals, and mine when I check him overnight. Being able to sync both iPods to the web is fantastic, but makes getting the data to his diabetes team a bit problematic.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

I do agree with you that it would be most benificial to have the ability to create reports, from the GB webiste, in several different formats.

However, I am afraid that your only current solution is to push the information from both iPod Touchs and implement this information into the text file by time and date stamp. I am sorry that I can't be of more help.

Danny
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM

Default Ditto

Put me down in favor of exporting to Excel. That couldn't be easier to implement, I'm sure. You can also copy and paste your date straight from the website into a text editor, and then do a series "Find and Replace" actions (for example, find "BG" and replace with "BG" + TAB).
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Default Importing into Excel

A couple of things:

If you have a large log, it will be truncated to around 3800 characters when emailing.

It would also be nice if the values were strictly numeric (ex: 140) vs alphanumeric (ex: 140 mg/dL). I would like to graph the out of bed values over time to determine if the Metformin is doing its job. Do trend lines, etc.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 PM

Try Copy/Past from Website to Excel. You'll have to format the results to match your older Excel logs.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 PM

Default Excel Export

GREAT feature - you guys listen, and act.

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it works very well Jeff. You did a great job!

Danny

Last edited by dano; 04-08-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Tags
csv, excel, export all logs, export filtered logs